Here in Australia our Federal Government has lost it’s freakin mind – they are:
- considering dumping sludge in the Great Barrier Reef (cause it’s really big and we won’t really miss the bit they’re planning to use – honest that’s what the Federal Minister Greg Hunt said – told you this government had waved bye bye to the sanity fairy a while back),
- utilizing Fracking in one of Qld’s most fertile farming areas as well as alarmingly close to the water table that feeds into the rest of South East Qld
- expanding the Abbot Point Coal Terminal in the Whitsunday Islands(irony there for anyone who knows the name of our Prime Minister)
- revisiting dumping nuclear waste in South Australia (what did they ever do I ask you).
So recently various protest groups suddenly found themselves being flooded with support from those who do not usually support/or not support things such as this. Fence sitters everywhere have been taking a stand and those who normally would support our government are leaving the land of WTF and coming to stand with the rest.
Problem – either the government hasn’t:
- Noticed but doesn’t care
- Hasn’t noticed because Toto they’re not in Kansas anymore
So what to do – well since I covered that in an earlier post I want to leave a link in this one to a petition to help save Australian Flora and Fauna in danger due to these actions please consider having a look because we need the help.