Well folks it’s been a corker of a week here in Oz. Lets just recap shall we
- First we get confirmation that SANTOS has had a massive leak in its operation in the Pilburra which has resulted in Uranium contamination of the water basin at lethal levels.
- Our Federal government is still trying to push through legislation that will allow Fracking in some of our most fertile farms lands and in some cases in direct contact with the water table. Their big idea is to grant permits for SANTOS [yes folks the one and the same] to proceed with CSG mining.
- Let us not forget the new workplace policies for the Australian Public Service that will penalize employees who in their own private time who make negative comments about the current government or speak against legislation that they or their families disagree with on social media
- To add insult to injury part of the policies include a dob in you work buddy clause which states that if you become aware of another employee who is doing any of the above that they are to report them or face disciplinary action. So proud to be an Australian when I heard THAT one.
- Changes that would overturn the anti-discrimination laws and revoke legislation as it pertains to hate crimes – Can anyone see the logic there?
- And to top it all off we have a Category 5 cyclone tearing through far North Queensland and the Atherton Tablelands as we speak.
There were a great many lessor issues that also had me more than a little peeved but as I am not planning on writing a War & Peace length post this time I’ll just keep it to those top five pieces of
shit parliamentary skulduggery.
So now we are approaching the weekend and as I’m in a little of a snippy mood I thought that I would carry on the tradition of starting this whole challenge off with a clip from Dennis Leary about Drugs and Rehab. Now don’t forget that if you wish to participate in this weekends fun to include the following URL in your post to send a ping back. I loved the submissions we saw last weekend and I’m hoping to see even more this time. https://jenniferann1970.wordpress.com/weekend-funny-challenge/
So if you’re in the mood to listen to a wonderful rant with precision sniping and first class sarcasm then you will truly enjoy this.